Two words: Oy. Vey.
The stupid was out in force this week, boy howdy!
I missed the first ten minutes or so of the episode, so I didn't see the lead-in to the temptation, but I think that what Daphne did was pure dumbass. She's just coming off a week where she was the team hero, and Chris has isolated herself from the rest of the Black team. Daphne would have been totally safe this week if she'd just kept her head down and been a team player! Instead, she decided to go for revenge, which is stupid anyway, because in a lot of ways, Adrian brought his being voted out down on his own self.
(And apparently his sister also inherited this ability.)
So in retaliation for the Jeremy/Conda team switching and the lying about it, most of Black throws the weigh-in to get rid of Daphne. (And they went about it really stupidly, too - they should have made sure they kept at least one or two people back and doing their best so as to make sure Daphne wasn't the biggest loser on the team. Luckily for them, though, the stress evidently did Daphne in.)
Except that from Emily's interview, it sounds like Conda was the one who came up with this strategy and persuaded almost everyone to throw the weigh-in. Interesting. So not only is Conda mean, she's manipulative and (evidently) charismatic. Ouch. We're never going to see the end of her, are we?
Sigh. At least she's nice to look at. Anyone else see a little bit of Kaley Cuoco in her?
Next week: I bet Black will kick ass on the scale.
- Kim and Chris dropped under 200lbs (as predicted)
- Jeremy and Buddy hit the 75lb mark of total loss (as predicted)
- Mark (as predicted), Jeremy and Buddy (as predicted) hit the 20% mark of total loss
- Chris moved from clinically obese to obese (as predicted)
Potential milestones for next week:
- Mark could drop under 225lbs
- Emily and Conda could hit the 50lb mark of total loss (originally predicted for this week)
- Chism could hit the 75lb mark of total loss
- Kimmy, Emily, Chris and Chism could hit the 20% mark of total loss
- Kim could hit the 25% mark of total loss
- Chism could move from morbidly obese to clinically obese
- Mark and Kim could move from obese to overweight